Hunter Correctional Centre
Upon completion, the Hunter Correctional Centre will provide a secure dormitory style facility with 400 maximum security beds.
Robson was engaged by managing contractor Lendlease, to perform the civil works in Stage 1 totalling $15m, which is due for completion in late 2017.
Scope of Work
- Clearing works
- Site remediation of asbestos contaminated soils
- Bulk earthworks cut to fill
- Pavement construction; internal and external roads
- Stormwater drainage
- Detailed excavation for buildings
- Bored piers / screw piles and
- Concrete walkways
- Robson offered a practical approach to onsite design changes and minor alterations in a short timeframe without impacting the program.
- Onsite encapsulation of Asbestos Contaminated Fill has significantly reduced disposal costs.
- The use of screw piles as a substitute to bored piers has resulted in a substantial reduction in program duration.
Buttonderry Waste Management Facility
Excavation and lining of waste cells 4.2A and 4.2B for Wyong Shire Council.
Project duration for 4.2A was 10 months and 4.2B was 9 months at a combined project value of $7m.
Scope of Work
- Clearing the site, stripping, stockpiling and replacing topsoil
- Preparation of new VENM stockpile area to accommodate VENM excavation
- Construction and maintenance of haul road and site access roads
- Bulk excavation as necessary to develop the finished surfaces of the landfill cell and adjacent sedimentation pond
- Filling, compaction and site grading to develop the finished surfaces of the landfill cell
- Supply and installation of geosynthetic materials, including geosynthetic clay liner (GCL), high density polyethylene geomembrane, and geotextiles;
- Supply and installation of groundwater drainage system
- Supply and installation of leachate drainage gravel layer
- Supply and installation of a leachate management system
- Construction of surface water drainage works, including diversion bunds and drains
- Excavation and filling works to create new sedimentation ponds
- Desilting, filling and reshaping existing sedimentation leachate ponds
- Supply and installation of high density polyethylene geomembrane within the leachate ponds
Tanilba Bay Revetment Wall
Tanilba Bay, NSW
The foreshore erosion along Tanilba Bay between Sunrise Pt and Rookes Pt had been a concern for the Port Stephens Council for some time, increasing in urgency as the foreshore was disappearing and threatening infrastructure.
Robson were engaged by the Council to carry out the erosion protection works with the construction of a revetment wall that was completed in March 2014.
Project duration of 6 months at a value of $0.5m
The Scope of Work
- Excavation to design level
- Placement of geotextile layer
- Placement of 130kg Primary Armouring
- Placement of 15kg Secondary Armouring
- Plantation of Saltmarsh and Littoral Vegetation
Australian Defence Force Headquarters Joint Operations Command
Civil infrastructure works associated with construction of a new Defence Force Headquarters Joint Operations Command for Praeco Pty Ltd (Leighton Contractors).
Project duration of 14 months at a value of $11m.
Scope of Work
- 200,000m³ of bulk earthworks
- Dams, sediment ponds and water treatment ponds including pump structures and infrastructure
- 5 kilometres of security jersey kerb
- Over 12 kilometres of roads
- 700 space car park
- Railway underpass
- Creek diversions
- Works were undertaken within an area of the densest concentration of Aboriginal artefacts in Australia. As a result significant reprogramming and rescheduling was required to assist the client to progress the works.
- An innovative design for a high security custom designed inner perimeter security concrete kerb was accepted at tender resulting in a saving to the client of over $500,000 and resulting in a superior finish in the final product.
- Extensive use of additional local resources and machinery were utilised during the course of the project.